Reasons for a tooth extraction
There are numerous situations in which a simple extraction can help alleviate pain or prepare you for another cosmetic or restorative procedure. Some common reasons for extraction include:
- Advanced periodontal disease that has loosened the tooth roots
- Extra teeth or baby teeth that impede adult teeth
- Preparing a patient for orthodontic treatment
- Removing a fractured or malformed tooth
- Severe tooth decay which cannot be remedied with root canal therapy
Your extraction visit
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your appointment:Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable A list of all medications you are presently takingMedical and dental insurance cards, if applicable; and a photo ID
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc). We may need to consult with your medical physician prior to scheduling surgery.
ALL patients under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all visits.